Sunday, August 23, 2009

If only I had 10 years to spend getting my medical degree ...



Spent a day a few days ago getting the tour of the MSF hospital in Rutshuru from medical director Dr. Willy (not pictured). The hospital there (about which more later when I have more time) is full-service, from maternity services to trauma treatment. [A day later, given a chance to chase an MSF ambulance, I watched/helped nurse Didier deliver a child burn victim (cooking fires are open, and children are often burned) and three maternity cases to the hospital.]

In this photo is Dr. Richard, who gave us the tour of the hospital's operating theater. I had a chance to imagine myself starring in a medical drama (since a TV offer seems more likely than my getting a medical degree). [Yes, I chose the cap purposely.]

No comments:

Post a Comment