Sunday, August 23, 2009

Self-portrait as Angelina Jolie



Spent a day seeing a few camps for IDPs (internal displaced persons ... as opposed to refugees, who come from out of the country). Those who know me will have little trouble imagining I made friends quickly. Of course the camera attracts crowds of kids, but the fun began when I decided I needed some privacy in order to take decent shots.

So up the hill I dashed, dozens of screaming and laughing kids in hot pursuit. Arrived at a decent vantage point, quickly shot a few pix, then head-faked the kids and ran off in a different direction. Hot, sweaty, very good fun.

Of course it goes without saying that eventually I got into my Land Cruiser and headed off to my life while these kids and their parents cling to survival in tiny huts made from sticks and leaves ...

No comments:

Post a Comment